Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pure Fruit

For about a year now I've known about a documentary in the making about fruitarianism. I knew it was going to be about Mango and Kveta, who introduced me to fruitarianism four years ago, and their trip to tropical Northern Australia. Well, it came out the other day, and it blew me away. It was superbly produced and just so beautiful it made me cry. I've always been so inspired by Mango and Kveta and this film just brought to light the lovely life they live.

Near the end of the film Durianrider and Freelee come in and there's a bit of a debate about Mango and Kveta being dehydrated, thus unable to be athletes. I've also heard a lot of negative comments about the film and how it would deter people from trying a raw diet.(I've also heard of so many people, like myself, who were completely inspired and in awe). I just find it strange how angry people get after seeing the beautiful, innocent life that Mango and Kveta live. They're not saying everyone has to be like them. They're just living the life they feel called to. Thinking about that made me realize how that's all everyone is doing, and who am I to judge? That gives me freedom.

As for me, I do drink water as a fruitarian, but not obsessively like I used to. Just when I feel thirsty, which is quite often this winter with being inside all the time in the very drying house. I imagine in our natural environment thirst would be a rare thing. We'd be living in a rainforest, our skin absorbing so much moisture and very little toxicity that would need to be diluted and washed away.

Over the past couple weeks I've come to realize that I don't really belong on 30bananasaday.com anymore. They have become even more militant and everything someone says is always followed by a response to eat more, drink more, sleep more, etc. And while this may be good advice(sometimes) it gets old pretty fast. It seems that a lot of people there are getting advice which very much goes against their natural instincts. If they're sick and without appetite they're told to drink and eat as much as possible. Natural hygiene is in complete line with my beliefs and I'm just not seeing it there anymore. Being a part of that community has only led me to pay less attention to my own instincts. From listening to and understanding my body lately I've learned so much. I don't have anything against 30bananasaday, actually I am very grateful for all the advice and support I found there at the beginning of my journey. Without it I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I have, but I'm at a point where I've outgrown it and changed a lot. It makes me really wish I still had my fruitarian nirvana forum, but I hope once I'm settled I can start something similar once again. A place for people who either eat nothing but fruit, or believe it to be ideal, and who want to share inspiration and love.

My desire for greens is more than gone at this point. seeing and smelling them is even quite revolting at this point. I'm not saying I won't add them back to my diet, but for now it's just fruit. I will listen closely to my body and eat whatever I desire(as long as it's in its raw, natural state, eaten on its own.)

I'm actually on a bus to Halifax right now so I can meet Rowenna. We'll be heading to the airport sometime this evening(actually early tomorrow morning) and leaving for Hawaii at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I'm actually really excited at this point rather than nervous as I would usually be. It's very exciting because I have so many options down there, so many opportunities, and I just feel so blessed right now. I have such faith that everything is going to be just as it should.

No comments: