Monday, February 6, 2012

21 Days on Grapes-Day 12 + Before and After Photos

Feeling tired today so I'll probably spend most of the day resting. My mouth has had a really bad taste in it for the past few days. I taste all kinds of drugs and chemicals. It's really unpleasant. My tongue is so heavily coated it's like there is green sludge all over it. I can tell my body is doing a lot of work and I know the best thing for me to do is rest. Each day I generally eat grapes between the hours of 10am and 2pm so my body has a lot of time to focus on things other than digestion.

I've been thinking a lot about eating greens lately. When I first went fruitarian I didn't eat greens because I didn't desire them, but when I got sick last year I craved them so much that I ate little else. I ate mostly romaine and iceburg lettuce and celery. The more I ate them the more I wanted them. I found it strange because I wanted to stop eating lettuce for a short period so my body wouldn't need to process so much roughage, but I found it very hard to stop eating them. It was like I was addicted. I have heard other people say the same thing. While eating greens my vitality was definitly a lot lower, probably because it was a much bigger strain on my digestion than just fruits. With thorough research I haven't found anything that's in greens that isn't in fruits. But then sometimes I think about what we're meant to eat and I think about how monkeys eat quite a lot of greens. One thing to note though, with the anthropoid apes, the closer they are genetically to humans, the more fruit and less greens they tend to eat. The bonobo, which is about a 99.4%genetic match to us, eats almost exclusively fruit. So maybe we are just fruit eaters after all. Something about eating only fruit feels very true to me, and I have faith in it.

I just found this photo of me from before I became vegan, back when I ate pretty much everything. You can see my face is quite pasty and I had a lot of acne(more than you can see in the photo).



The second photo is me, this past summer. Even though I was quite sick you can see how much more alive I am. Fruit makes people glow!

No comments: