Monday, February 27, 2012

Alone in Hawaii

Rowenna left last night. Things are pretty quiet and lonely so far, but I guess I'll get used to it. Hopefully I make some friends here soon. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do today. I could go to the beach and relax in the sun, or go to the experimental fruit farm, or even into Hilo. I'll probably go to the beach since I feel kind of sad today and I think the sunshine will perk me up.

I tried my champedak yesterday. It was so amazingly sweet and flavorful. It really did taste like a mix of jackfruit and durian. Very soft and creamy, but also chewy, with that bubblegum taste of jackfruit. I still have half left for breakfast today, but my appetite has really diminished. I know my body is begging for a fast, but I should wait until my life has calmed down a little. I'd like to wait until I have a more permanent place to live or at least someone to supervise me while fasting.

I'm very lucky to have my whole family supporting me so much. It's almost like they're here with me. I'm very fortunate that I'm able to sit in bed and call home as much as I like. Hopefully someday they'll come visit and fall in love with this land like I have.
Longans, mameys, soursops, canistel, papaya from the tree outside my hut, chico sapotes, and persimmons:)



Yummy Champedak:)



                                                  First look inside

No comments: