Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good Life


Today started out as a rather tiring day. I was sleepy, but I knew I needed to get into town for food. I got on the bus and saw that there were a lot of fully empty seats, but I noticed myself sit down next to an old man. I thought it was strange that I didn't choose to sit alone, but I didn't put much thought into it. Shortly after that the man started talking to me. I told him it was my dream to move to Kapoho and he said he lived there, and owns an 18 acre fruit farm. That really got my interest. He told me he had a friend with some land for sale there and he would contact him for me. We continued to talk and got into a discussion on spirituality. I felt like everything he was saying was purely from my soul, so in line with my journey. He was going to give me a book, but didn't have it on him. It was "A handbook for a new paradigm" about a universal shift of consciousness. He started to explain it to me, and it blew me away. He studied meditation and zen in India. He is actually running for mayor here and he's asked me if I'd like to work on his campaign with him. His card says "Cooperate to Thrive=Be Happy". He's invited me to his farm as soon as I'd like. I feel very lucky to have met a friend here.

I'm very hopeful that James(the guy I met today) will have good news about the land for me. I think it would probably be out of my price range, but he said it might be possible to get me a couple acres of raw land in Kapoho. I'll probably go visit him once I move next week. I hope he's within biking distance.

I ended up getting 20+ pounds of papaya in town, and carried them on an hour long walk home. That is after at least 4 or 5 kms of walking earlier in the day, so I'm pretty exhausted at this point. Unfortunately I had to get very green papayas so they wouldn't get destroyed bumping around on the way home. So they won't be ripe for a week or so. That means I need to go back to town tomorrow so I'll have something to eat in the meantime. I'm planning on taking the early bus back tomorrow so that I can take a trip down to Kapoho.

Happy and sleepy for now:)

No comments: