Saturday, March 17, 2012

Disappearing for a While

start of the quilt I'm making...I'm actually almost half done by now, but didn't take another photo

my magical room:)

New home, new friend

right outside my window. All through the night I smell flowers

I got a rollinia from Josannas fruit stand!

Mmmm, tasted like fresh lemon custard:)

comfy bed:)


Notcie the words above my door- that's why I'm here
 
Silent reverence
I got to Josanna's Organics 2 days ago and have been living on complete silence there. I have no internet or people to talk to, so I'm going to be spending some quality time by myself. At first I was very afraid, and maybe you will relate, because to be completely with yourself, nothing to lose yourself in, can be terrifying at first. So often, we spend our whole lives running from ourselves, but we'll never get anywhere. I know this month is going to be powerful. Maybe it will be hard at times, lonely, terrifying, but I'm here for it, no running, and that makes me feel so good. I've maken a vow to be with myself, to love and respect myself no matter what happens, no matter how I react.

It is impossible to put to words the beauty of the place where I live. I woke up on my first morning there, fruit trees surrounding my home, animals living joyously all over the farm, flowers perfuming my cabin. As the sun was rising I walked along the road to the bus stop and I was brought to tears. There are seas of a'a' lava most of the walk there, and it would be impossibe for anyone to walk very far on it, so it is completely deserted. So silent, so peaceful. To be there was to be with god. I am so grateful for my time there.

I have to catch my bus very soon, so I will keep this short. Looks like I might be able to update in a week or so. Until then, peace be with you:) 

No comments: