Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blissful Fruitarianism



My beautiful, inspirational teacher, Anne Osborne, eating nothing but fruit for over 20 years

I am currently on my 5th day of a papaya mono diet(with coconut water included) and I'm feeling really well. I'm healing on many levels. People keep coming up to me, saying how I'm glowing and how my eyes are just so clear. When I tell them I am fruitarian, people don't seem to consider me insane anymore. I even met one man who thinks it is amazing that I am fruitarian, that I'm the start of a change that will make this world more beautiful.

Papaya is very juicy, and it's making me feel similar to being on a watermelon diet, which I usually do in the summers up north.People think diet only affects them physically, but for me, the spiritual aspect is the most profound. The clarity I am feeling is unbelievable. When I see people, it's like I can feel their essence. I am not lonely at all even though I rarely talk to anyone and have no close friends here. Yesterday I ran into a Buddhist monk, and I could feel his peace. It lit me up and afterwards I just felt completely silent and still. .

Fruit: The Food of Gods and Goddesses
I'm truly appreciating the beauty and sacredness of fruitarianism. I'm feeling once again, very strongly, the reason why I went fruitiarian in the first place. There were so many logical reasons to make the choice, but when it came down to it, the only real reason I stuck with it was because of the clarity I experienced. As soon as I began to eat only fruit I knew it was how humans were meant to eat. I didn't need science or any other proof. My body, mind, and spirit became so much more aligned. Questions fell away and it left a sense of peace deep within my soul.

Fruit is so colorful, vibrant, alive, delicious, how could we need or want anything else? When you compare a papaya to a bowl of rice, or a piece of bread, how can you really compare it at all? Those foods are so dead, colorless, processed, empty, and they leave people looking and feeling the same way. If you want to feel more alive, to be more alive, eat more fruit:)

For those who are curious about my papaya mono diet, I've been eating around 25 medium (about the size of a large mango) papayas a day, usually in 2 or 3 meals. I rarely eat breakfast, usually my first meal is around 11 or noon. I've been drinking from 2-3 litres of water per day, only when thirsty, and some coconut water every few days. I'm listening to my body and doing so is making me feel so much more alive. I'm not sure how long I'll continue this mono diet. I know a guy on 30 bananas a day who healed serious colitis by eating only bananas for 30 days, and my original plan was to aim for that, but I'm taking it one day at a time. If I feel deprived or like my body wants other fruit I will probably eat it. I'm allowing myself to be free, without limits or restrictions, as we were all meant to live. Life is abundant, feel it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing