Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fruit

I just got a reply back from the farm in Ontario this morning. They said we're welcome any time after December 26th. I'm really excited to be going there. I was trying to get some warm winter clothes today, but had no luck. In town it's all for style, not warmth. I guess I'll just need to use what I've got. I'm not sure what day we're going yet, but probably within a few weeks. We might be taking a flight, but I'd rather take the train even though it costs more. It just sounds like it'd be a really cool experience.


I've discovered this new awesome way of eating bananas where I wrap them in a romaine lettuce leaf. It sounds simple, but it's amazing. I've been eating them all day. I got 10 mangoes yesterday and was really excited to eat them since they're one of my very favorites, but I opened up 1, 2 then 3 and even though they looked perfect they were brown and rotten inside. Luckily I was able to return them and get some tangerines and pomegranates(pictured). The other day I had only pulpy orange juice for most of the day and I felt so light and euphoric. Fruit is just so amazing!

Here's a quote from one of my favorite, inspiring blogs(
http://myfruitarianlife.blogspot.com/) :

"fruit is the most beautiful, ethical, loving, delicious, soothing, comforting, healing, blissful and magical food on the planet, freely given by Mother Nature."

So true! And here's a quote from the bestselling book "Fit For Life 2: Living Health" By Harvey and Marilyn Diamond:

"Be aware of the fact that fruit contains all of the necessary nutrients required by your body for sustaining life. That includes glucose from carbohydrates for energy and vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and amino acids for the building of protein. "

The authors of the book aren't fruitarian, but they say the single, best thing you can do for your health is to eat only fresh fruit and juices until noon. After that they recommend a raw or natural foods diet. Many people are leading much healthier lives due to reading their book. Fruit is also the best food for the our planet. Fruit trees nourish the earth, unlike other foods, which to produce, are using all of our natural resources. The words of fruitarian, Mango, on how to deal with our environmental problems:

" The only real solution is very clear to me. Leave behind destructive habits reliant on the slaughter of fellow beings and their homes, and instead plant fruit trees to eat their luscious offerings - the most superior of all nutrition, and the only environmental friendly and truly karmically free food.."

I'd love to live like that, planting acres of fruit trees, and sharing food with everyone. Someday I'll have that.

No comments: