Friday, November 16, 2012

Banana Island Day 12-Leaving for Road trip in 2 Weeks!


I can't believe I've already been eating just bananas for 12 days. This mono diet has actually been pretty easy, mostly because I've had so many other things on my mind that food hasn't been my main priority. Although, if I were eating a mixed diet, I can tell I would have used food as an emotional suppressant. The most amazing thing I've gotten out of this banana diet is an almost complete freedom from using food as anything other than nourishment. It's so simple: if I'm hungry, I eat bananas. No hunger, no thoughts about food. If you're having problems going all raw or you feel you're using food to numb yourself or eating things which don't feel in alignment with your soul's path, I really encourage you to try banana island. I'm happy to be your support buddy if you don't want to do it alone.


My skin and eyes are becoming more clear and I feel more energy and clarity than before. I've been eating anywhere from 15-25 bananas per day, going purely on instinct and hunger. I was drinking about 2 liters of water each day, but have cut it back lately. I feel a little dehydrated though so I'm going to try and drink more. More water=more energy. I'm not sure how long I will continue on bananas. I was going to aim for 30 days, but that would cut into my trip, so I'm thinking of just doing 21 days, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Very exciting news, I've booked a flight to Seattle for December first. From there I'm joining a fruitarian caravan, and we'll be travelling across the West coast, camping near the ocean in Oregon, and California and spending some time in the desert in Arizona! I've only been dreaming of doing this for about ten years! Next we'll head into Mexico, driving until we find tropical paradise, a place with great fruit, beaches, people, jungles, and we'll find a place to rent for the winter. I can't believe I'm going! I'm so lucky to live a life of such freedom!

I'm trying to sell artwork, jewelry and other homemade things to fund my travels and I've finally got my website up. I still need to add a lot of items to my store, but feel free to check it out and see if there's anything you want. I'm feeling a strong desire to paint so there should be more paintings and drawings available soon.
fruitgoddesscreations.ecrater.com

No comments: