Thursday, July 19, 2012

21 Day Fast- Day 3: Be You!




After 2 days fasting
Feeling Good:)

I'm most of the way through the third day of my fast and I'm actually feeling pretty strong right now. I spent a good hour and a half laying nude in the sunshine and I felt like I was absorbing the essence of life. Sunshine makes me high! I'm drinking plenty of water, and today my appetite is starting to diminish which leaves more room in my mind to contemplate life. I have had some major detox symptoms including a slight headache, sour taste in the mouth, coated tongue, full body pain, serious weakness, rapid hearbeat, and just generally feeling ill, but it comes and goes, and right now my vitality is high. I have noticed something interesting with my breathing. It is like all obstructions are gone and my lungs are working effortlessly. I feel like now my body is breathing itself, where before there was a pressure and I needed to focus more on taking deep breaths.

I've been thinking a lot today about people and how different they all are, about how so few of us are able to accept ourselves fully. When people are against me, that is my greatest time to learn how to accept myself more. When you look at your inner reaction to people's disapproval you will find your own insecurities, and from there it is much more possible to work on finding your true self.

There will always be people who disagree with you, who think you're doing it all wrong. It's impossible to please people when you don't please yourself, and it takes so much effort to try. You lose yourself. So for today, just be who you are, even if that isn't someone you approve of. Question your insecurities. Are they even real? What if you could just love who you are completely? You would be perfection itself.

Right now just take a moment and think about the world. How do you see it? Is it filled with chaos, war, anger, injustice? Is it beautiful, magnificent, full of grace? What do you think needs to change? Are people too harsh, too violent, too judgmental? Be honest here, this is very important.

Now take how you see the world and turn it around to face yourself. The world and all the people in it are only your mirror. Everything is within and there is nothing you need to change about the world. The world changes as you do. When you learn how to love yourself unconditionally, the world will become your Eden.

No comments: