Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Abundance

A few weeks back I was researching mono melon diets. I was interested because I was so drawn to eating only melons, and I felt like that everyday. I kept reading how dangerous it was to eat only melons, even for as little as 3 days. At first I was totally baffled because melons are filled with vitamins, minerals, water and the complex carbs that can fuel an athlete. After more research I found out that almost all the people that were recommending the melon diet for weight loss and detox suggested eating 1 cup of melon for each meal of the day. That's where the problem lies. I wouldn't recommend people eat only 3 cups of melon a day just as I wouldn't recommend them eating only 2 dates per day. That is a starvation diet, and coming from a recovered anorexic, eating that little will cause your health to plummet.
Fruitarianism is about abundance. That's one of the reasons I love it so much. You don't need to watch what you eat, you simply eat as much as you'd like. For a successful watermelon diet I'd say you'll need anywhere from one large melon up to 4 per day. If people would try that they'd see what vitality is all about. Eating only melons WILL NOT HURT YOU!! I know a woman who ate nothing but melons for 6 months straight, and she is a glowing picture of health. She's been eating nothing but fruit for 17 years. If you need more proof check out Freeleas blog: http://sweetjuicyfreelee.com/ She's a low fat raw vegan eating fruit and greens for the past 3 years. Her and her boyfriend(eating the same diet as Freelea) are organic athletes. Harley has competed in 24 hour bike races eating bananas. The fruitarian way of life will help you excel at every level.

No comments: