Friday, February 12, 2010

Melon Mania!!


It's been a rough couple of weeks, but I'm finally back. I've been trying to deal with all my disappointments, and I'm starting to get through it, starting to see the silver lining. I guess BC might have been a disappointment anyway with the Olympics there. I guess the hardest thing has been losing my travelling companion. I still have plenty of time to decide what to do though. Even though we're still going through the worst of winter and I'm stuck inside I'm trying to keep busy. I've been studying Spanish a lot. Maybe soon I can start writing a little of my blog en espaƱol =D

Fruitwise, it's been really hard. It seems February is the worst month though, and soon the stores will have more fruit and lower prices. Right now all I want is melons. Nothing else satisfies me. Even when I want to cry all I have to do is see a watermelon and I feel sunny and happy again. I probably sound crazy, but I'm not, just summer deprived, and melons, they remind all my senses of Mexico and summer heat. Speaking of Mexico, that's my latest obsession. I've been doing loads of research, and I'm hoping to take a trip there sometime this year. I just have a good feeling about it. Not the touristy areas of course. I want to find someplace far off the beaten path where there are watermelons galore!

I'm also working on getting together things for a meatout (from www.meatout.org) I want to do some leafletting or set up a dsiplay table downtown. I really wish I had other veg-heads to help me out, but I don't know of any here. Maybe Rowenna will want to be a part of it.

That's it for now, but I'll be updating soon with some super neat info I got about the length of our intestines compared with carnivores and omnivores!

No comments: